January 18, 2022by AdminDigital Marketing
Digital Marketing Trends in 2022
It has already been 2 years since COVID-19 completely changed the global marketplace. Several business owners incurred losses as a result of the pandemic, and quite a few had to permanently shut down operations. Retail businesses, in particular, suffered the most as they did not have any business online. Despite all this, COVID-19 did teach us a very important lesson – Online is here to stay. Every business, regardless of its nature and operations, realized how crucial it was to establish a strong brand image online.
- Cryptocurrency integration is growing exponentially – Quite a few businesses have started accepting currencies such as Bitcoin as a mode of payment. There are quite a few advantages of integrating cryptocurrencies as a mode of payment. Cryptocurrency transactions are far more secure as compared to credit and debit card transactions. However, cryptocurrency integration also comes with its range of challenges. A cryptocurrency is irreversible and has its own tax implications. Regardless, the crypto market has seen an exponential surge and is expected to continue to grow in similar fashion.
- B2B influencer marketing is on the rise!– Several tech giants such as Adobe have jumped into the trend of using influencer marketing in the B2B space. As per Business Insider Intelligence, Influencer marketing is expected to see a whopping global spending of around $15 billion in the year 2022. It is highly recommended that businesses try to collaborate with influencers in their space to unlock the seemingly enormous potential that B2B influencer marketing has to offer.
- LinkedIn continues to serve as a gold mine in the B2B space– LinkedIn is undoubtedly one of the most famous social media platforms in the world. Unsurprisingly, LinkedIn is the most widely used social media platform among Fortune 500 companies. If utilized to its fullest potential, LinkedIn can generate plenty of business opportunities for your brand.
- Customers are increasingly concerned about data privacy– Marketers have to establish a strong relationship with their customers, especially when customer data is involved. It is understood that customer data is required in order to run ads seamlessly and provide useful information. However, that is irrelevant for the customer. At the end of the day, the customer is still left wondering how his/her personal data could be misused. This is where marketers need to be extra cautious. A more smart approach would be to be completely honest to customers regarding data usage.
- Avoid being the “jack of all trades”– In today’s marketing world, several online businesses have established a very ‘thin’ presence on their social media channels. Smart Digital marketers, on the other hand, focus on a single channel, meticulously planning on how to dominate in that specific channel. It is highly advisable that marketers today focus on quality rather than quantity
- Establish an unparalleled user experience– No matter how many SEO ‘tricks and tips’ you know, unless you are not able to provide users with a seamless user experience, you are bound to see a high bounce rate on your website’s landing page. Instead of only focusing on making your website “SEO friendly”, spend more time on understanding your buyer persona and create an appropriate user experience.
- Facebook is here to stay experience– Facebook has been disregarded by several online businesses in recent times owing to the growing interest in Instagram, Snapchat and Tiktok. Regardless, Facebook is still one of the largest social media platforms for Online Sales and Advertising. Furthermore, Zuckerberg recently announced the introduction of Meta, a totally unique concept which will use Virtual reality to help people connect with each other. Hence, it is recommended that marketers not bet against Facebook!