How & Why SMBs Should Focus on Personalized Local Strategies to Grow Their Business?
As a small business owner, you’re always looking for modern ways to get your business’s name on the radar of customers. Utilizing personalized local strategies in business is a considerable way to engage with existing customers as well as attract new ones. Local marketing leverages your businesses with tools, tactics and strategies to make it simpler to convert the local traffic into leads, either online or in person.
Here are some of the local strategies you might be unaware of that could incredibly strengthen your small business:
• Use Local Listing
Have you ever heard of listing your business on Google?
You can register your company with Google as it enables potential customers to find your company’s location. Consumers can also publish reviews and feedback regarding your company. If you will make a business account on Google My Business account, it will increase the visibility of the online searches for your business. This is only less than a free form of advertising for extending your reach.
• Attend Local Events
As the covid effects are diminishing, things are opening up now. Get a list of all the local events happening around you. Attend those events to expand your relationship with local people. Participating in local events can be an efficient way to expand your business without going over your promotion budget. Local events help to reach out to consumers and boost client relationships. You meet new people and you can describe the expertise of your business, and they might connect with you, and there you get a business out of that.
• Use Relevant Hashtags
A reliable call-to-action hashtag can be an incredibly effective marketing tool for your small business. Some social media platforms like Instagram and LinkedIn allow users to follow hashtags. It enables you to find other posts tagged with same hashtag in account’s feed. Hashtags can increase impressions, enhance your content’s searchability, and motivate people to speak about your brand. The technique of using trending hashtags strategically will help your content reach your potential audience.
If you are a small business located in GTA, you can use the hashtag #SMBSinGTA to be discovered by people in GTA.
Let’s understand this in this way, if someone clicks a photo in a restaurant or conference hall in Brampton and post it with the hashtag #Localbusiness #startupsinBrampton #Smallbusinesstips or even a simple one like #ChillingWeekendinBrampton #ThingstodoinBrampton #Weekendideas, they’ll naturally see a page that showcases all content with the same hashtag.
• Join The Chamber of Commerce
Meeting your area’s Chamber of Commerce can be a wise move for your small business. You will be in contact with big and small business owners and many other industry experts. By meeting different people, your business can accumulate and thrive quickly. Businesses that participate in this group nurture and work together to promote each other’s business. There are several ways your area’s Chamber of Commerce can help you in offering valuable networking and marketing system. After joining this, you can find out about local events happening in your neighbourhood where you might set up a cell and endorse your business. You will also be referred to other Chamber members’ connections.
• Get in Touch with Your Local City Members
You can communicate with your local Government for assistance. On the networking level, there are more opportunities to meet the right people at the right time. You can discuss pinpoints of your business and get exposure at that level as well. This only happens when you engage with local and genuine people. You promote each other’s business when you meet people from the local community. By joining relevant conversations about the trials and hardships of owning a small business, you get tips to balance your business objectives and budget. Here, recommendations can be worthwhile in growing your business. Also, Word of mouth works as an exceptionally effective promotional technique for your business while meeting people at event or local community.
Using these strategies is an essential part of your brand’s social media and marketing strategy which provide an excellent means for creating greater brand awareness. Therefore, you should utilize these ideas to develop new leads by connecting to people who want to discover products and services for SMBs. If you need a strong marketing plan for your SMB, Contact MarketinGrow now!
5 Powerful Marketing Strategies Small Businesses in the GTA Can’t Ignore
Every single business dream of success that surpasses all expectations. It is only possible when the product or service you offer grabs the audience’s attention. Sometimes small businesses have hard times finding and retaining consumers. The reasons are relatively obvious, such as limited budgets, extensive competition, and focus groups.
One of the simplest ways for a small business owner to attain that objective is to have a well-developed marketing strategy. There are numerous different ways one can promote a small business. You are more inclined to find success by building a marketing strategy that uses tested tactics.
Small businesses often neglect strong marketing strategies while running behind the current trends. But you don’t need to worry about that anymore. We have done that job for you.
Here is a list of the five most powerful marketing strategies for small businesses in the GTA:
1. Make the most out of your virtual events
COVID surely gave unpleasant times to small businesses in GTA. But it also accelerated the evolution of digital platforms. With the increased competition in virtual events, you need a powerful strategy to stimulate engagement and perception of the brand.
The given strategy will indeed turn your virtual event valuable:
- Create an online Event page for your webinars.
- Promote on channels that target your audience
- Have a series of webinars for interested guests to come back.
- Focus on the lighting of your room while attending events.
- Use a virtual background, banner or logo of your brand as a backdrop.
- Choose a right platform for conducting the event
- Send a thanks note to all attendees.
If you wish to take extra tips to be productive while managing the virtual events, we have specially composed a blog on How to Make Most out of Your Virtual Events? Click on the below link to know more: Link attached
2. Generate Leads by Email Marketing
If you wish to be cost-effective and generate leads, email marketing is the best move for you. All you have to do is to send the right message to the right audience. Email marketing is a valuable channel to boost the brand’s awareness.
- Engage: Using a strong subject line with an elegant email design leads to higher engagement rates. You also need to focus on the email layout that can be easily adaptable on mobile. Sending periodic emails to a list of people who are already in the pipeline maximizes engagement.
Tips: You have to acknowledge certain code of ethics in email marketing. Respect CASI rules while sending emails. To know more visit: CASL https://fightspam.gc.ca/eic/site/030.nsf/eng/home
- Aware: Education-based Content provides unique value to our subscribers. You can send little information every month about your small business through newsletters and campaign posts. Sending content rich with insights, tips, and stories helps in building the brand.
- Business Development: You need to send the portfolio or banner of your small business. Ask your audience to act now. The unique brand logo and short and crisp tagline might help you to achieve that. It’s time for a call-to-action approach by you. Your call to action should be short and relatable.
3.Educate your Audience with Content
Content is considered as a blessing in marketing. Content marketing allows you to gain visibility even in crowded places.
To stand out create:
- Informative blogs with prominent keywords
- Innovative Videos with a message s
- Interactive social media posts with relevant captions.
4.Explore Instagram Marketing
Instagram is one of the best social media platforms to increase your digital footprints.Use advanced features like Instagram stories and live videos to interact with your followers. Keep yourself updated with the trends and what other marketers are doing. You can use relevant hashtags to maximise the reach of your content. Also, you can reach out to potential GTA based influencers to promote your brand.
Instagram algorithms are more likely to increase the engagement of a page. The main purpose of successfully using Instagram marketing is to position yourself as part of the online community.
5.Consult with a Local Marketing agency
Look out for a GTA-based firm that will give you individual assistance. These firms would know the industry culture thoroughly and help you out in building networks. A local marketing agency will use specific strategies to engage potential customers related to the community with a limited budget. They will solve challenges because they have been through this with other clients. In most cases, they already have some local solutions like:
- Perfect time to start a campaign
- Use local lingos for promotions
- Popular spots for showcasing your brand
- Localize your business with local SEO
Marketing strategies deliver a detailed framework to reach out to the exact target audience. Bolstering the brand image is only possible with a smart skill set in marketing. If your business needs a strong marketing plan and execution at a modest rate, MarketinGROW is right here to assist you with a promising solution. Book a consultant to know more – https://www.marketingrow.com/
Make the Most Out of Your Virtual Events!
COVID brought a whole bouquet of challenges for businesses worldwide; small businesses in the GTA are not immune to it. These challenges have forced businesses to rethink, adapt, and evolve the way we operate. The rise of Work-From-Home culture, virtual events, and ramped up digitization are a few such examples. The practice of holding events virtually isn’t new, however, the practice has gone mainstream in the small business community in recent times. With the accelerated adaption, laying the foundation of best practices surrounding hosting and attending virtual events must be addressed.
The given strategy will indeed turn your virtual event valuable:
- Create an online Event page for your webinars:
You must create an event named page/profile on the social media sites.
- 🠚 LinkedIn event pages are crucial for awareness and engagement. The features encourage the audience to sign up or register for the event. With the help of the page, you can invite all of your connections, start a discussion, and manage your attendees. Your connection can also share the event with people outside of your network which assists in boosting your visibility and organic reach. Your connection can attend the event directly with Just one click or you may ask them to fill out a form to save their data. Even the interested attendees can add this event to their calendar directly by clicking on the page's feature.
- 🠚 Facebook Event pages easily connected with Facebook Live which allows you to promote your live stream on an event page. When you create a new event page, it appears in the timeline of your page's followers. Attendees can attend one events tab on Facebook and share it with friends. One can easily connect the event to their smartphone by the events calendar feature.
- To increase visibility, keep creating posts for both LinkedIn and Facebook event pages with all small or big announcements. This helps in generating excitement and lets the audience see what they can look forward to.
- One can also be updated with the latest events with the help of websites like Eventbrite. It has features like online ticketing and getting a personalized experience. Eventbrite is a portal where people post about online or offline events. It allows people to come and look over the information about events organised in their localities. Organisers can post these events for free or paid.
- Promote on channels that target your audience
Market your event on the right channel. Let’s say you are hosting an event for a clothing brand; will you promote it on LinkedIn? Of course not, we all know that LinkedIn is a professional platform. So, segmenting your audience’s media preference will be effective for your event. It will allow you to decide on the right channel to send your event-related message.
- Have a series of webinars for interested guests to come back
Host periodic sequences of the webinars with the same main topics. A series breaks down one main topic into its segments or connected concepts with a chain of webinars. Also, having the same host can bring consistency to the audience. Host a series where you have multiple episodes with new presenters. Remind the audience by describing the next episode in detail at the end of each session.
- Focus on the lighting of your room while attending events
Lack of proper lighting is a very common mistake noticed in online events. To have a productive event, focus on being engaging. You can’t connect with your audiences with dull lighting. You can use multiple sources of lighting while hosting. Watch your lighting position, too much lighting can wash out your face. Don’t forget to test it before going live.
Also, you can get equipment like ring lights to equalize the reasonable light. If you wish to put light evenly over the subject, use artificial lights. It highlights your face rather than the background. The balanced lighting can instantly enhance your video calls, meetings and virtual events.
Grab your hands on these super affordable lighting solutions for brightening up your virtual events:
- Use a creative background as a backdrop
While you are conducting an event, would you want the audience to notice your surroundings rather than what you are saying? You can use the banner of the event or the logo of your brand as a backdrop. It will eventually place your brand image in the audience’s mind. You can also use the blur tool to focus on yourself. Adding these backdrops not only makes you look professional but also acts as a branding tool.
Also, you can also use some of the terrific office backgrounds available at online stores. It will allow you to always be ready for video calls with these perfect backdrops.
Whether you want a classic office background or a bit modern touch, here are the best options for your virtual event background:
Use these products to renovate your work from home space and give a proper professional feel while hosting virtual events.
- Choose the right platform for conducting the event
Look up the myriad of features while selecting the desired platform for your event. Choose a platform that allows you directly to broadcast your event on different social channels. With the help of this, you can easily stream your videos to other platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn. Make sure the platform has the option of raising hands. Features allow the audience to appreciate what you are saying by just raising hands and clicking thumbs up icons. There are different platforms available out there with similar features, some of those are Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Zoom, etc.
- Send a thanks note to all attendees.
Don’t forget to send a follow-up email within 24 hours of the event. Thank all of your event’s attendees with a friendly tone. Thanks to them for attending the webinars and providing the resource with information. Use a catchy subject line with an event feedback email. You must attach a link to the virtual events to add more value to them.
In a nutshell, there are quite a few tips we have covered above. Hopefully, these tips and tricks will help you make meaningful connections in the virtual event. With all the information, we hope you are more than prepared to gain productivity while working on the Webinars. If you are looking for consultancy in Virtual Events marketing, Book a consultancy with MarketinGROW now!